North Zulch is known for its sense of community. It has that “everybody knows everybody” feel, and the residents take care of each other.
This weekend, the close-knit community will celebrate its 55th annual homecoming.
The schedule of events includes:
Friday, Nov. 18
- 2:30 p.m. – School pep rally
- 5:30 p.m. – Alumni hospitality hour, dinner and business meeting in the school cafeteria
- 8 p.m. – Bonfire and pep rally (behind ag barn)
Saturday, Nov. 19
- 8 a.m. – Tiny Mr. and Miss NZ in the school cafeteria
- 9 a.m.-2 p.m. – Arts and crafts in the elementary gym
- 10:30 a.m. – Parade on Fifth Street
- 11 a.m.-1 p.m. NZ Booster Club barbecue lunch and live auction in the school cafeteria
- Noon – Center court auction in the school cafeteria
- After lunch-4 p.m. – Tailgating in the circle drive in front of the school
- 5:30 p.m. – Boys varsity basketball and halftime queen coronation
- 7:30 p.m. – Girls varsity basketball
The classes of 1966, 1991 and 2006 will be honored. More information is available at the North Zulch Ex-Students Association page on Facebook. NZESA officers and event coordinators include Jackie Hair, Kendra Gilbert, Keeli Rogers, Patsy Crocker and Rebecca Keefer.